Dog Veterinarians Who Really Care
At Horizon Animal Hospital, our approach to canine veterinary medicine revolves around a comprehensive, competent, and compassionate care program aimed at ensuring the highest quality of life for your dog.
A Comprehensive Approach To Canine Veterinary Medicine
We understand that a dog veterinarian is only as good as his or her ability to successfully prevent, diagnose, and treat whatever ailment a dog may be facing. Equally as important is our ability to listen and communicate well with owners to make sure they understand their dog's health concerns and how to make the best choices for their dog. This is why our dog hospital is capable of handling any procedure, including preventive care, medical diagnosis, and emergency surgery.
We specialize in the following dog health services for dogs of all ages, breeds, and circumstances:
- Acupuncture: Chronic pain, senior patient care, sports-related injuries.
- Allergy Management: While not usually life-threatening, allergies in dogs do cause discomfort and should be treated. Our veterinarians can help identify causes and implement successful treatments.
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your dog stays as safe as possible while under anesthesia. Learn more about the AAHA Anesthesia Guidelines, which were co-authored by Dr. Penn.
- Bathing and Hygiene: Responsible dog ownership starts with a good bathing and hygiene regimen.
- Behavior Services: Your dog's behavior is not completely genetically inherent but can be learned and unlearned with your commitment and our help.
- Boarding: We can ensure that your dog is well taken care of while you are away.
- Cancer Treatment: Our community-shared approach to cancer treatment makes all the difference for you and your dog. We work with a local board-certified pet cancer specialist: Pet Cancer Care Consulting Service.
- Cardiology: We work with a local board-certified veterinary cardiologist to ensure your cat has the best possible care: Dr. Christoper Paige - Valley Veterinary Cardiology.
- Dental Care: Our knowledge, dental experience, digital radiography, and the most advanced equipment can help prevent and treat your dog's dental conditions, including periodontal disease.
- Dermatology: Our expertise means diagnosing and treating your dog's skin conditions before becoming something more than skin deep.
- Diagnostic Imaging: Using X-rays and ultrasound allows our veterinarians to diagnose illness, disease, and other problems in order to prescribe the proper treatment.
- Emergency Care: We are able to manage any emergency care your dog may need during our office hours.
- Flea & Tick: We employ various safe and effective flea & tick prevention and treatment methods for your dog's health and comfort.
- Grooming: We can ensure that your dog's grooming is perfectly matched to their lifestyle.
- Heartworm Prevention: We can provide heartworm education prevention, diagnosis, and treatment for your dog.
- Laboratory Tests: Our in-house laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics or treatment for your dog.
- Microchip ID: Our professional microchip ID services can help identify your dog in case they ever get lost, stolen, or separated from you.
- Nutrition: Our nutrition education, awareness, and dietary intervention programs can help ensure your dog stays healthy and fit.
- Pain Management: We specialize in customized, effective, and compassionate pain management for your dog regardless of age, ability, or condition.
- Parasite Prevention and Treatment: Prevention and early detection are paramount to survival for some types of parasitic infections.
- Pregnancy: Our experience can help your dog have a successful pregnancy, as well as a happy, healthy litter of puppies.
- Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program helps you make sure your dog remains healthy and well year-round.
- Puppy Care: We will partner with you to ensure your puppy has the best care and you have all the information we need to care for your new family member.
- Senior Care: Our comprehensive senior care protocols and procedures helps you to help your dog age gracefully, healthily, and happily.
- Semi-annual Wellness Exams: A cornerstone of preventive care, semi-annual wellness exams are key to staying on top of chronic health issues and getting ahead of problems that may be developing.
- Spay or Neuter: Our refined pre surgical, surgical, and post-op care will provide your dog with the safest and most comfortable surgical procedure.
- Surgery: Our facilities, expert surgeons, and technicians will make sure your dog is cared for before, during, and after surgery.
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians and techs will customize vaccination protocols that account for your dog's age, medical history, environment, travel habits, and lifestyle.
A Commitment To Quality And Empathy In Veterinary Care For Dogs
Our veterinarians, technicians, assistants, and front staff work together to provide you and your dog with a compassionate and professional experience. From the initial phone call, our goal is to make sure you feel that your concerns are addressed, you are well informed, and that your dog receives the best care possible.