Since 2000, the veterinarians and support staff at Horizon Animal Hospital have sought to achieve the highest standards of veterinary medicine. We feel that cats are part of the family, yours and ours.
We Support Every Stage Of Your Cat's Life
As your feline friend grows, they will move through six distinct stages of life:
- Kitten: 0—6 months
- Junior: 7 months—2 years
- Prime: 3—6 years
- Mature: 7—10 years
- Senior: 11—14 years
- Geriatric: 15+ years
Naturally, as a cat grows and progresses through life, they will undergo physiological changes and face a variety of life events that will require care and attention. From kitten care to geriatric cat medicine, consistent preventive care can make all the difference in the quality of life of your cat. Ultimately, your cat's health will impact your relationship with him or her.
Cats are very good at hiding illness. In fact, most cats will simply become less active and less interactive when very ill. Any signs of illness that a cat may show will be very subtle. Therefore, any change in their behavior should warrant a consideration that they may be ill. Many clients will return from work to find that their cat simply does not greet them at the door as usual. This may be an indication that your cat is ill. Because the signs of cat illness are so subtle, if you should notice any obvious changes in behavior, please call our office.
Cat Health Services and Treatments
At Horizon Animal Hospital, we specialize in the following cat health services for cats of all ages, breeds, and circumstances:
- Allergy Management: Cats commonly face a number of allergens that can cause a wide variety of symptoms. Our veterinarians can help identify and properly treat the root cause of some issues.
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your cat stays safe while under anesthesia. Learn more about the AAHA Anesthesia Guidelines, which were co-authored by Dr. Penn.
- Bathing and Hygiene: Proper feline hygiene is an important component of a healthy, happy lifestyle.
- Behavior Services: Cats are highly variable in their personalities. We can help with undesirable behaviors which may be brought on by medical conditions.
- Boarding: If you are going on a trip and want to make sure that your cat is well taken care of, our staff can ensure high-quality, affordable care.
- Cancer Treatment: Our community-shared approach to cancer treatment makes all the difference for you and your cat. We work with a local board-certified pet cancer specialist: Pet Cancer Care Consulting Service.
- Cardiology: We work with a local board-certified veterinary cardiologist to ensure your cat has the best possible care: Dr. Christoper Paige - Valley Veterinary Cardiology.
- Dental Care: Our knowledge, dental experience, digital radiography, and the most advanced equipment can help prevent and treat your cat's dental conditions, including periodontal disease.
- Dermatology: Diagnosing skin conditions early is highly beneficial in treatment, addressing conditions before they worsen can improve the outcome.
- Deworming: Intestinal parasites are a danger to your pet and your family, so let us ensure that your cat is protected from worms.
- Diagnostic Imaging: Using X-rays and ultrasound allows our veterinarians to accurately diagnose your cat's condition to prescribe the proper treatment.
- Emergency Care: Our facilities are designed to address any veterinary emergency your cat may have. We provide comprehensive emergency care during operating hours. After-hours emergency facilities can be found here.
- Eye Care: Our doctors are trained to recognize feline-specific eye disease and choose treatments based upon efficacy and your cat's tolerance to specific treatments.
- Flea & Tick: We employ safe and effective flea & tick treatments for your cat's health and happiness.
- Heartworm Prevention: We can provide heartworm education prevention, diagnosis, and treatment for your cat.
- Kitten Care: We help you learn to care for your kitten through education and nutritional awareness while providing the proper preventive medical treatments.
- Laboratory: Our laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics and treatments for your cat.
- Medications: When your cat requires medication, our doctors will provide the right prescription.
- Microchip ID: Microchipping is the best way to aid in having your cat returned safely should they become lost.
- Nutrition: We will address the specialized nutritional requirements for your cat in different life stages and aid in the management of certain illnesses.
- Pain Management: We specialize in effective and compassionate pain management for your cat regardless of age, ability, or condition.
- Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program is the first step to ensuring that your cat has a long healthy life.
- Senior Care and Semi-Annual Wellness Exams: We understand the special needs of aging cats, and we will partner with you to provide the optimal plan for your aging feline. Semi-annual wellness exams help prolong life by allowing health issues to be identified and addressed early.
- Spay or Neuter: We provide your cat with a safe surgical experience with multimodal pain control. Our facilities, equipment, and staff offer your cat the best option for a successful surgery and recovery.
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians will recommend an individualized and personalized vaccination protocol based on your cat's lifestyle.